Westcountry Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds!

+2
clarkson
jimbo1664
6 posters

Go down

Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds! Empty Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds!

Post by jimbo1664 Wed 29 Jul - 9:45

The metal water pipe that dists coolant to the rubber pipes leading all over the engine has gone. Its a metal pipe with a few lugs coming off, screws onto the starter motor area. For other vehicles like Golfs/passats etc they are 13quid on ebay. Spent most of morning trying to source one - and funny old thing for such a popular enthusiast vehicle - the pipe for a T4 is main stealer only at 50 fekkin quid! I'm getting a metalsmith at work to patch it up enough so i can get it to the garage on monday but like he says, they would be easy to make and what a rip-off at that price! even the garage i use can only get them for 46quid (same price, vat free). Bout time them VW tossers realised whos making them what they are and stop ripping off their customers/fanbase.

rant over Evil or Very Mad

I'll stick some phots on later if anyone wants a guide how to replace the offending article - quite a prevalent problem by all accounts.

Last edited by jimbo1664 on Tue 11 Aug - 14:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poorly judged opening title - blame it on the apples....)
jimbo1664
jimbo1664
Hauptgefreiter

Back to top Go down

Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds! Empty Re: Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds!

Post by clarkson Fri 7 Aug - 2:59

So is the aftermarket part exactly the same quality as the OE one from VW?

Way to go with the stereotypical xenophobic insults BTW. Rolling Eyes
clarkson
clarkson
Soldat

Back to top Go down

Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds! Empty Re: Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds!

Post by jimbo1664 Fri 7 Aug - 7:09

I have calmed down a bit now. There is no aftermarket part, its dealer supplied only at the usual humoungous mark-up.
aplogies to any of our german freinds that may be reading this thread - drinking blackthorn whilst in a strop and posting is not a good idea.
jimbo1664
jimbo1664
Hauptgefreiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommo1664 Fri 7 Aug - 14:39

Sorry mate have a cider on me when we meet?!!!$%%&&***
Tommo1664
Tommo1664
Gefreiter

Back to top Go down

Post by clarkson Fri 7 Aug - 23:54

jimbo1664 wrote:I have calmed down a bit now. There is no aftermarket part, its dealer supplied only at the usual humoungous mark-up.
aplogies to any of our german freinds that may be reading this thread - drinking blackthorn whilst in a strop and posting is not a good idea.

Thing is that I find VW main dealers to be quite cheap on aircooled parts. Perhaps you shuld sell it and get a proper Volkswagen.
clarkson
clarkson
Soldat

Back to top Go down

Post by balloo Sat 8 Aug - 3:13

clarkson wrote:
jimbo1664 wrote:I have calmed down a bit now. There is no aftermarket part, its dealer supplied only at the usual humoungous mark-up.

Thing is that I find VW main dealers to be quite cheap on aircooled parts. Perhaps you shuld sell it and get a proper Volkswagen.

Damn shame they didnt have any semaphores for my '59 though!!!!! Oh well have to pay £200 from Karmman Konnection!! At least VW still have parts in stock for my T4 Wink

balloo
Soldat

Back to top Go down

Post by Carbon Sat 8 Aug - 5:51

balloo wrote:
clarkson wrote:

Damn shame they didnt have any semaphores for my '59 though!!!!! Oh well have to pay £200 from Karmman Konnection!! At least VW still have parts in stock for my T4 Wink

Think yourself lucky you don't have a Toyota Celica - when I had to do the banana arms and figure-8s (basically a double ball joint as it has multi-link suspension) the parts along were over £800 - for 2 double ball joints and a bit of metal cyclops
Carbon
Carbon
Gefreiter

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo1664 Sun 9 Aug - 15:55

clarkson wrote:

I wouldnt mind as a sideline, but the van is my main mode of transport. Just driving back from Brissle today there were 3 bays on the back of breakdown trucks heading north, and a bug on the hard shoulder southbound. No good especially with the kids.

So what makes your aircooled a proper VW then? Extra badges?
jimbo1664
jimbo1664
Hauptgefreiter

Back to top Go down

Post by clarkson Mon 10 Aug - 3:34

jimbo1664 wrote:
clarkson wrote:

I wouldnt mind as a sideline, but the van is my main mode of transport. Just driving back from Brissle today there were 3 bays on the back of breakdown trucks heading north, and a bug on the hard shoulder southbound. No good especially with the kids.

So what makes your aircooled a proper VW then? Extra badges?

The aircooled range is what made VW an iconic brand. If you are liking the watercooleds you might as well just buy a Ford or a Vauxhall.
clarkson
clarkson
Soldat

Back to top Go down

Post by GBHgpJon Mon 10 Aug - 10:50

LOL.....Anyone fancy a fishing trip??????
Great threads........... Laughing
This is a good read too..........

Bloody Expensive Dealer Schweinhunds! 51SAKWR51RL
GBHgpJon
GBHgpJon
Soldat

http://www.northdevonvwclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo1664 Mon 10 Aug - 12:39

Laughing
jimbo1664
jimbo1664
Hauptgefreiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down